“All links are not good links”
If you have experienced a decrease in your rankings and traffic since the 2013 Google Hummingbird Algorithm shift – you may have spammy links to blame. All the best SEO work can be undone today with bad links. If you have ever bought “50 links for $50” or used a black hat SEO firm along the way, those links can now damage your site’s credibility. Bad links need to be uncovered, removed or disavowed.
Step 1 – Collecting the data
Right now we are using various tools to create a complete Link Report that shows all the links that are directed to your site from 3rd party sites.
Step 2 – Audit
We will do a back-link audit to see where are the bad links coming in from and how you can get rid of them. We will filter this down if the domain is “spammy” or toxic. We would recommend removing all of your links from and bad listing.
Bad links may include:
• Links coming in from poor quality/spammy sites
• Links from paid posts
• Links from dead & rotting directories
• Disproportionate anchor text links
• Links from blog networks
• Links from irrelevant & ‘untrustworthy’ sites
Step 4 – Link Removal Process
Based on the finalized audited report we can form a action plan based on which links to fix and which ones to maintain.
• You will receive a consolidated link report to approve or disapprove the links
• We will collect contact info of site owners that have the links you want removed and contact the webmaster for a link removal request and follow up with the process.
• In case of no response/or they demand for payment for the link to be removed, we use Google’s Disavow Tool to disavow links.
• After all link removal process has been completed, we do a link check and compile a report showing which links have been removed and show remaining links.
The scrubbing process takes 2-3 weeks to complete. Clean up pricing depends on a number of factors.
Initial Links Review: $75
You will receive a copy of your links list and can choose to move forward on your own or have us help you get rid of any toxic links.
The average site links clean up is $325
Not every site will need to be cleaned up. A review of your links may uncover no bad links, a few bad links or hundreds of bad links, each site is different. Find out whether you are being penalized by Google for bad links, then you can make a decision whether to clean the list yourself or have the links list professionally scrubbed.
Please contact Darcy@SEOWebMechanics.com if you would like your site links checked.