What Is The Google Pigeon Update?
Launched on July 24, 2014 for U.S. English results, the "Pigeon Update" is a new algorithm to provide more useful, relevant and accurate local search results that are tied more closely to traditional web search ranking signals.
Your local search results rankings can increase or decrease depending on the accuracy of your Google profiles. To gain web site referrals, leads and business from the changes you need to make sure your Google Maps and Google Plus pages are accurate and complete to 100%.
IGoogle said that this "new algorithm improves their distance and location ranking parameters".
What Should You Do:
You need to make sure your Google Map and Google Plus Business Pages are up to date and have the most accurate address information possible.
How to gain more Google rankings:
- Have Customers Add Reviews Google Map
- Engage users, post to Google Plus Pages
- Complete your profile to 100% Accuracy
- Add Web links to benefit from Google traffic
- Add images to your Google pages for better visibility and an improved user experience