You want to get found by the people that are already looking for your product/service!
The web can offer you the ultimate advertising reach, 24/7/365 free access to every human on the planet!
Time to make sure your website is ready to compete! Do you have good and preferably unique descriptions for each page? Your page “description” is what shows up under your Title tag and URL on a Search Results Page! It may be behind your page, but it is up front on every Google/Yahoo or Bing search!
Page Description Tags:
Every page on your website can have a unique description tag, use it for great keyword rich content! You have room for 20-22 words (2 sentences) – make them count! You already should rank #1 for your business name, so do not waste early space in your tag space by putting your Biz name, URL or phone# up front. Add your geography if you serve a limited market, you will never rank nationally for “pizza” but you can rank locally for “Albany Pizza”
What is in a Good Description Tag:
- Your main products or Services
- Your Geo Targets (ex. “Best Pizza Albany”)
- No more than 140 Characters
- 2 Well written keyword rich sentences
- Never use symbols or abbreviations
- If you feel you have to put your phone number into the description, do not place it in the first sentence.